Monday, January 20, 2014

All the Pretty Pinwheels

I love pinwheels.
There is an innocence to pinwheels that takes me back to my grade school desk where I spent hours drawing pictures of my fantasy houses, writing letters in super secret code, and meticulously folding paper into fans and pinwheels.

And yet, there is an elegance to pinwheels.  
The power of a chic and suspiciously simple circle should not be underestimated.

I fashion my precious pinwheels out of any medium that works: Handmade specialty paper, tissue paper, pages from old books and magazines, and discarded fabric samples.

I don these spherical treasures all throughout my house.  
I hang them on the walls, around the windows, as ornaments; and I apply them as embellishments to lamps, gift baskets, and tin cans.   




And, though pinwheels may appear to be an elementary craft of childhood whimsy, they can be time-consuming and challenging to assemble.  Pinwheel mastery is a practice in patience; the potential undoing of the unsuspecting perfectionist.  
But lucky for you, we sell them in our shop!  

No comments:

Post a Comment